Slip Disc Surgery
Best Slip Disc Surgery In Jaipur
Slip Disc Surgery In Jaipur- Jaipur Hospital
A disc lies between every vertebrae, or the bones that make up your spine. Your bones are cushioned by these discs, which also serve as padding. A disc that presses into the spinal canal and grows outside of its capsule is called a herniated disc. A herniated disc can develop in any part of your spine, including the neck, but most usually happens in the lower back. Jaipur Hospital provide the best slip disc surgery In Jaipur. Our physicians handle a variety of disc diseases and have extensive experience in slip disc surgery.
What Is Slip Disc or Herniated Disc?
The spine is constructed from many vertebrae, which are stackable bones that resemble bricks. There is a disk between each vertebra. Because the discs are composed of robust tissue that resembles rubber, the spine can flex somewhat. A disc is composed of two parts: the nucleus pulposus, which is softer and jelly-like, and the annulus fibrosus, which is stronger and more fibrous on the outside.
A prolapsed, slide, or herniated disc causes the inner, softer portion of the disc to protrude and press on surrounding structures, including adjacent nerves that originate in the spinal cord. Between the ages of 30 and 50 is when prolapsed discs most frequently occur. Males are more likely than females to have it.
Techniques for treating a herniated or slipped disc
- Medications and physical therapy – In most cases, 60–70% of prolapsed discs heal on their own with rest, painkillers, and a slow return to activity. Keep up with your regular activities as much as you can. One stays away from painful activities. Additionally, lie down on something comfy in the posture that seems the most natural to you. It takes painkillers to make the pain go away.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medications such as Ibuprofen or diclofenac are favored over paracetamol. Certain individuals with asthma, hypertension, renal failure, or heart failure might not be able to take medications that reduce inflammation. For certain patients, the administration of oral steroids may be contemplated.
- Spine exercises – Exercises for the back are essential if you have a prolapsed disc. By strengthening the muscles that support your spine, it can help reduce pain. What exercises are beneficial for your condition might be advised by a physiotherapist. Exercise might lessen the discomfort associated with a prolapsed disc and possibly lower the likelihood that it will occur again.
- Injectable epidural steroids – This is a back injection that you will receive. It is carried out by an expert. The injection contains a steroid, which has potent anti-inflammatory properties, along with a local anesthetic ingredient. In essence, it is a sufficient pain reliever that you can take for a long time.
Types of Surgery by Best Slip Disc Surgery Hospital In Jaipur
There are various types of surgery to treat slip disc according to the condition of the patient.
- Laminotomy Surgery – A laminotomy involves a surgeon creating an incision in the lamina, the spinal arch, to release pressure from your nerve roots. A tiny incision is made to carry out this treatment, occasionally with the use of a microscope. The lamina can be taken off if needed. We refer to this as a laminectomy.
- Micro disc replacement – Microdiscectomy is the most popular treatment for treating a single herniated disk. A tiny incision is made at the disk herniation’s level to perform the treatment, which frequently calls for the use of a microscope. Any other disk pieces pressing on the spinal nerve are extracted in addition to the herniated portion of the disk.
- Endoscopic surgery – Endoscopic diskectomy is a more recent surgical procedure for the treatment of a single herniated disk. An endoscope, a small tube containing a camera, is used in this minimally invasive surgery to enable the surgeon to view and reach the afflicted area.
- Spinal fusion – To achieve spinal fusion, general anesthesia is necessary. Two or more vertebrae are permanently fused together during this operation. Bone grafts from a donor or from another area of your body can be used to achieve this. Additionally, screws and rods made of plastic or metal that are intended to offer extra support might be used. This will render that section of your spine immobile indefinitely.
Need Emergency Assistance?
Have Any Query Regarding our Services, Contact us at the Jaipur Hospital or fix an appointment.